Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sunshine Series R2




I missed the first round of the sunshine series because of the Anaconda Odyssey, so this was my first high intensity xc race of the year. As a missed the first round I started on the second line of the grid and with a very short starting straight around 10-15m before we hit and up hill single track I had to go as hard as I could so I did not get shut out. There was a lead group of 5 that was set from the first fire road. Ryan, Casper,Decalan, AarCheck Spellingon and me, these boys for hammering it and It was becoming hard to keep up the intensity. 3/4 through the first lap Aaron and I were dropping of the pace then Aaron got a flat and and I was about .5 of a second from running right up the back of him. The 3 leaders were out of sight, I was trying to pull them in but had trouble with my seat post slipping down, I road the whole second lap sanding up because the seat had slipped all the way down. My legs were burning worse then they had before I was in alot of pain. I got back into the tech zone and was able to get a allen key of day to fix it. I maintain 4th position for the rest of the race, which was the goal after the first lap.


No comments: